1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour (can use bleached too)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 – 1 cup chopped pecans, depending on how nutty you are! (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×9 baking pan with a nice amount of butter!
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl, then pour into mix in the large bowl and stir well.
- Place flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a sifter, and slowly sift into the egg mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Add pecans and stir.
- Pour batter into well-greased pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until brownie pulls away a bit from the sides.
Serve either straight from the oven with ice cream and/or cream. Or cool on rack and serve later. I prefer the brownies fresh out of the oven…why wait?!