Calvinist Hawkeye: Husband of one, Father of two. Fighting an army of Arminianists with a sharp tongue and bow and arrows!
1. Why did you start a Twitter account?
A. Well all the cool Avengers were doing it and @HulkCalvinist can be pretty convincing at times!
2. What has been your favourite Twitter interaction so far?
A. I would have to say the numerous times @arminianracoon and I have interacted (me threatening to turn him into a hat) have been the most fun
3. Who is your favourite theologian, past and/or present?
A. Past the Apostle Paul, just really like the fact that he hits you with answers from just about all the possible angles. Present would be RC Sproul. I really like the way he writes for everyone to understand and still gets the importance of the point across.
4. Is it easier to be who you really are as an Anon?
A. Not really, who I am comes out in my posts and interactions.
5. What is something that people would be surprised to know about you?
A. I am a member of the Order of the Ditch (sailed through the Panama Canal), Plankowner (original crew of a newly commissioned naval ship) and a Shellback (crossed the equator with the US Navy).
6. What book are you reading? OR: Besides the Bible, what book has influenced your Christian walk the most?
A. Currently reading The Bronze Bow with my kids at night. Personally, Everyone is a Theologian (Sproul) and The Good News We Almost Forgot (DeYoung).
7. What’s your favourite movie or TV show?
A. Favorite movie: Top Gun; TV show: Seinfeld.
8. Why is it important to study theology?
A. Hmmmm, I don’t know because it is the study of God. Sadly, people in church know more useless sports information than Scripture. Don’t try and sell me on not being able to memorize Scripture when you can tell me the rushing yards, batting average or points per game from entire teams.
9. What’s your favorite Bible verse(s)?
A. James 1:27
10. Link us to your go-to song of the moment while driving to Sunday worship—you know, the song that you need/like to hear before you arrive at church?
A. We have a rather short drive to church. I mean we really could walk. No, I do not live in a parsonage. My go to song right now is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETswsebezcs
11. Is the church relevant? If yes, what would you consider the best way to reach the unchurched?
A. Absolutely! To best reach the unchurched STARTS (yes all caps) with us being Christ-like to all people in all circumstances of life. We cannot compartmentalize our life into church Hawkeye and away from church Hawkeye and be effective witnesses of the Blessed Hope.
Theology Mix is a theology and culture blog on church life, culture, and theological debate, from Christian Apologetics and Biblical Interpretation, to church leadership development, to music, art, literature, and baseball. With contributors of all ages and theological backgrounds, Theology Mix is an open forum to discuss and debate Christianity in a myriad of angles.