Arminian Raccoon is a father of three, a husband of one, a novice free-style battler, an aspiring theologian, and a humble disciple.
1. Why did you start a Twitter account?
A. Was trying to download angry birds and ended up on Twitter. No, but really, stumbled on @calvinistbatman one day and found a great place to learn about, and discuss, theology. Facebook friends hated my post. (Your dead to me, Facebook). But in the Anon universe, it’s accepted. I was already listening to some Reformed podcast and I heard @reformedpubcast mention an Arminian raccoon, and I dug it. I adopted the avatar. A dozen battles, one long break, and a few discussions later, here I am. An Arminian with a “?” in his name.
2. What has been your favorite Twitter interaction so far?
A. Some of the veterans have private messaged me some great info and wisdom. That’s just brothers being good brothers. I value those interactions the most. But, the most fun I had was breaking into @XPCoulson office. #levelseventour
3. What’s your favorite movie or TV show?
A. Is this where I show how wretched I am? Favorite TV show, probably Peaky Blinders. Big Tom Hardy fan. Favorite movie…The Town. Best movie ever made. Tough guys. Bad guys, but tough guys. Four brothers gets an honorable mention here. Not the most inspirational movies. Sorry, just keepin’ it real.
4. Why is it important to study theology?
A. Anyone can have beliefs about God. But are they completely true? Or does it just make us feel good about God? We need to kill “secular Christianity”—what we see in movies and TV and get real with it. Studying theology gives you the why and how of our faith. Theology introduces you to the true nature of God and draws you closer to him. Theology makes us realize how small we are, and how big God is. Without it, we should question what we really know about God, or even worse, if we care to.
5. After a stressful day, what’s your favorite way of relaxing?
A. Man, I soak in a hot bath. I love that. Doin’ it right now. No bubbles tho. Bubble baths are for ladies and babies. Haha!
6. What’s your favorite Bible verse(s)?
A. Job 39:3 – “Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.”
7. What place in the world would you like to visit? Why? OR If you could be any place right now, where would it be? Why?
A. Ireland. Always had a fascination with Ireland. Yep, Ireland. The landscape, castles, history… Ahhhhh… What were we talkin ’bout again…?
8. What are the three top things on your bucket list for this year?
A. (1) Remove the question mark from my name. (2)Rest in the decision. (3) And then share it. Maybe take the fam to the beach as well. I think that’s four, but hey, I’m Arminian…and a raccoon. Cut me some slack.
9. Who is the one Anon you would most like to smack? Why?
A. @bereandaredevil. Just to check if he actually sees it coming. *flinch*…*flich*. Haha!
10. What would you consider the “worst”—Christian book, Christian music, Christian movies? (If you have more than one choice, please feel free to list them).
A. Anything “spiritual” or “Christian” on Netflix. What is that junk? Except for The Passion. But who can watch that more than once a year?
11. Is the church relevant? If yes, what would you consider the best way to reach the unchurched?
A. Church is absolutely relevant. We reach them as we were instructed. Spread the Gospel, and let a God do what he does. We are the church. We are relevant.
- The Munich Bible Study on Zoom - January 24, 2023
- Real Love, Real Meaning, Real Christmas—Advent Tools from ThM! - December 3, 2022
- Your Advent Calendar: Give It Away, Give It Away, Give It Away Now - December 1, 2022