Grace Alone Gandalf
@gandalfclvinist: Gandalf is a young student of many walks of life, seeking to find and proclaim the gospel truth in all places.
1. Why did you start a Twitter account?
A. I was really frustrated being the only Calvinist in my friend group and family, and everyone around me had little interest in theology in general, but that changed when I found the #anons!
2. Is it easier to be who you really are as an Anon?
A. A resounding yes! As one who is surrounded by people who don`t enjoy talking about my passions (theology, math, physics, and comics), I enjoy being in an environment where I am free to express myself in any way I choose.
3. What is something that people would be surprised to know about you?
A. If by people you mean the Twitterverse:
I am a 16 year old college student.
4. What book are you reading? OR: Besides the Bible, what book has influenced your Christian walk the most?
A. Presently, I am actually not reading anything due to a very busy schedule (refer to question 3) I would say the biggest book influence on my spiritual walk was The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis.
5. Why is it important to study theology?
A. When you Love someone, you study them, learn about them and such. Doing this brings the two of you closer together. The same is true about God. God knows everything about me, shouldn`t I try to find out as much as I can about him? That is what theology is, the study of God
6. After a stressful day, what’s your favourite way of relaxing?
A. It varies. Either Twitter, reading my Bible or watching a movie. Sometimes all three! Also, making fireworks is fun. #LotRforthewin (if you don’t get the reference, I thoroughly recommend reading more here on the LotR wiki page).
7. What’s your favorite Bible verse(s)?
A. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15: For the Love of CHRIST compels (controls) us for we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died. And he died for all, in order that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the one who died for them and was raised.
And 1 John 4:8: The one who does not know Love does not know God, because GOD IS LOVE.
8. What place in the world would you like to visit? Why? OR If you could be any place right now, where would it be? Why?
A. Mount Everest. I’ve always wanted to climb that mountain.
9. What are the three top things on your bucket list for this year?
A. Read the Bible, pray mor,e and pay off some of my debts. Honorary mention would be to find another hobbit to send on a quest.
10. What’s your favourite movie or TV show?
A. Such a difficult question. My Favorite TV show is hands-down Avatar: The Last Airbender and I am very unashamed of that. But my favorite movie is probably Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. After all, I’m in it!
11. What is your pet peeve in church or with Christians?
A. People who have an unforgiving spirit. Matthew 18:21-35 fam.
- The Munich Bible Study on Zoom - January 24, 2023
- Real Love, Real Meaning, Real Christmas—Advent Tools from ThM! - December 3, 2022
- Your Advent Calendar: Give It Away, Give It Away, Give It Away Now - December 1, 2022