Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
These are two of my favorite verses and I quote them often, but I’ll have to admit there are times I feel the road is crooked and don’t trust God to straighten it out. Have there been times when you felt you wanted to “lean on your own understanding”? Dr. Snyder gives us guidelines for a solution.
“What’s the solution?
- Acknowledge God in all your ways.
- Recognize and admit openly that he is in charge of everything and knows exactly what’s at stake and what needs to be done.
- Confess his sovereignty over every detail of life and wait for him patiently to come and deliver you in his time and in his way.
- Remember your favorite hymns and songs of praise.
- Remind yourself of all that he has done for you in the past.
- Praise him and thank him that he is going to rescue and deliver you.
“If we’ll do that, the rest is up to him. It’s his job, not ours, to make our paths straight. It’s good to learn this lesson early. The sooner we can get this right, the sooner we can move forward and not have to keep repeating our course on Faith 101.”
TODAY’S PRAYER: Are you feeling like you came to the crossroad and chose the wrong path? Ask God to help you get back on track and trust him to lead you back in the place of his promised blessing and deliverance.
Photo by marcovdz via Flickr