Faith in a God who delivers and rescues is just pure wishful thinking.
It’s just an emotional crutch for those who need it.
Haven’t you heard or maybe even said something like that before? But stop for a moment and consider the notion. Isn’t it more likely that a supernatural Helper has visited us than the opposite?
The plain, incontrovertible facts are these:
- We have an enormous body of evidence testifying to the fact that God exists and is highly active in the lives of his creatures.
- This evidence has existed for thousands of years, covering a great many cultures, languages, diverse geographical areas, backgrounds, and personality types.
- It comes in the testimonies of people in the Bible, church history, hymnology, missionary history, and contemporary witnesses in the newspapers, in the evening news, and from our neighbors and friends.
- The genuine church is a gathering of such people who unite to enjoy and celebrate this reality of an ever-present rescuing God.
- These people include not only lifelong believers, but also previously hardened skeptics and professors of philosophy and psychology.
In unison they affirm that in every conceivable type of danger or distress, they cried out to God for relief and help was provided. It came tailor-made for their particular situation—an absolutely convincing proof of delivering power from God the Creator that increased their faith. It might have been a rescue and reversal, or his peace and comfort as he walked with them through their life storm. The evidence may be rejected or accepted, loved or hated, but it’s clearly there all the same.
-Regular Scripture reading
-Stay close to the people of God